Sunday, September 26, 2010

Oktoberfest in München!


Oktoberfest.was.ridic.

This past weekend {September 25 & 26th} I went to Oktoberfest up in München (Munich) for the 2nd time! I went to O-fest the weekend before this one, with some girls (+ one guy) from NAU who are also student teaching but are in Aviano, Italy. The day before I left I turned my camera on at school because my kids were doing something fabulous {as always} and all it did was say ‘lens error’. Needless to say I was more than bummed about my broken camera the day before I left for another adventure. Anyway, after the train ride and the 1.5 hours of stressful waiting for the student teaching crew we all met up and had a great time at Oktoberfest! I don’t have pictures of that weekend, but of this weekend here goes the stories and pictures:


Tourist much?


My NAU supervisor came to Garmisch this past week to watch me teach for a couple of days. After this, we met my Vilseck girls for Oktoberfest. There were so many rides, food booths, beer booths, beer tents and souvenir shops. Sadly {also a little funny though} I saw more than a couple people being taken away on stretchers, falling asleep on the dirty ground or leaning {sleeping} against a booth. And in one instance, there was a man spooning a trashcan, asleep. My fav's while I was there was the bratwurst & the rides!

I had an absolute BLAST with everybody.

One of the 'happy' people. Leaning up against a food booth, passed out.


Trying on hats {notice the lederhosen next to me:) }

We got to spend the night in Munich which gave us Sunday to tour a little big before heading back “home” {can you believe I’m calling Germany my ‘home’…insane}. Today our plan was to go to Haufbrauhaus. Haufbrau is a beer and this place is a restaurant bar that is famous! Before we went there we walked around Munich and found a cute little farmers market with all sorts of veggies, meats, bread, and cheeses and knitted things. Then we headed to the Haufbrauhaus and drank some beer and ate some food. This weekend was the weekend where all the Italians came to Oktoberfest. So glad we had our professor there with us. The 5 minutes he was not with us, about 7 creepy Italians creeped on us. Good prep for Rome in 2 weeks :) Anyways, here goes for the pictures!


Haufbrauhaus!

I know it's dark, but the Haufbrauhaus is SO incredible inside! {google it!...now!}

Student teachers :)

Prost!

Rome in 2 weeks :) Home this weekend! Excited for some much needed down time in Garmisch.


-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment