Tuesday, September 7, 2010

J'adore Paris

Paris.was.fabulous.Let me just start this blog off with saying I fell in love with Paris. I absolutely loved the city. I traveled from Garmisch to Paris with a friend I met who works at the school here. He & I thought the hardest part of this trip was going to be getting from school to the train station. Our lovely secretary, Marianna, offered to drive us to the train station. We got there about 20 minutes early. We took a bus from Garmisch to Murnou and a train from Murnou to Munich central station. Now that I've said this, let me begin the list of things that went wrong en route to Paris, in Paris, and on our way out of Paris.
  1. We knew we needed to take the S Bhan 1 to the airport. We waited for it, it didn't come. We asked a person who worked there and he pointed to a train that was about to leave. So we hopped on the train. We sat down and were talking for about 25 minutes when I looked up and saw S4 on the sign. I said: "Uhh. I don't think we're on the right train" We immediately jump up with our bags and wait to get off on the next stop. As he was telling me a story of how he missed a stop once because he didn't press the button to open the door, we missed the stop because we didn't press the button. We finally get off...on the last stop. On the completely opposite side of the city of where we needed to be.
  2. We waited a good 25 minutes for the S1 to get us to the airport. Realizing that it was about 1:15 when we got on the right train we were praying to make our 2:05 plane. We finally arrived at the airport's train station. The marathon began. Since I had already checked in I ran through the airport through security like a crazy person. I got to the gate which had no person and no plane. Saw another gate with Zurich (our layover) on it, I spoke to a lady who informed me the plane left 12 min. prior to departure. I was there 5 minutes prior to departure. i.missed.my.plane. After some tears and being told I would get no money back for a new ticket and my return flight was canceled, I had to go find Matt. Took me about 20 minutes to find him. Now comes the very undetailed list of mishaps and adventures.
  3. We had to buy all new tickets roundtrip to Paris.
  4. I left my very cute h&m coat at the Munich airport.
  5. I made my friends go crazy (they waited for two hours in Paris instead of me being in Paris an hour before them).
  6. The train ticket machine would take none of our 6 cards we tried to give it to get tickets.
  7. There was a bomb scare two train stops ahead of ours when we were on the metro.
  8. Woke up 2 1/2 hours late to leave for the airport back to Munich.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way I can tell (show) you my beautiful trip.
  1. Arc de Triomph
  2. Eiffel Tour
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Sacré-Coeur (and when I say I saw this beautiful place, I actually mean I took a nap below it on the grass because I had no energy to climb any more stairs after going all the way up Norte Dame.
  5. Moulin Rouge
  6. Food :)
  7. Museums (for free!)
  8. Other fun things. . .
Needless to say I had to choose amongst literally over 800 pictures. Wish I could show you each and every one, but that's not happening. This will have to do for now!

-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment