Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Autumn-ey


fall.has.begun {and i love it}
Autumn is by far my favorite season! And Garmisch most definitely is looking 'fallish' lately . I just love it! All the trees are either naked or have yellow or red or orange leaves. It's absolutely beautiful here. This was what I look at when I walk to/from the gym:

I was so excited about the world turning all fall-ey I made a cute new bulletin board at school about it! My kids did some art thing in art class so I displayed it. Speaking (typing I suppose) of my kids, we went to the Munich zoo today! It was so fun! It was supposed to be miserable weather in Munich, but it ended up only being a bit sprinkley and wayyy overcast. Which of course, being the fall lover from Phoenix that I am, I thoroughly enjoyed it. My class consists of 5 girls and 4 boys. Two of the boys had their mom's with them as chaperons and one of my girls was absent (vaca in Italy!). So my mentor teacher, the principal and I took the 4 girls. So easy to keep up and keep track of only 4 of them, especially being girls. So much more mature than boys! Here goes for the pictures of the kiddos.

This is my entire class {minus one}
The girls in front of the monkey exhibit {yep, she's picking the monkey's nose}

Now for my favorite animals :)

Giraffes! So cute!
Zebra!
Cute cute cute :)

We saw lots of monkeys!

A couple of these monkeys were nursing their babies and the babies were grabbing onto them as the moms run around {look closely under the monkey}.

Okay. So i've been to a few zoos back in the states just like everybody else. But this zoo, was beautiful. It looked like a legit forest with animals in it. I didn't see many cages and fences but exhibits. Most of the outdoor exhibits had no, i repeat no fencing around them. They had electric fences so they couldn't run away.....haha no. They had a big ditch around the edge of the exhibit so they couldn't get out. Seemed a little more humane, well as humane as keeping animals away from their natural environment can be. Here's a few pictures of around the zoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment