Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ticket!

So for the past week or so, I've been frantically trying to get a hold of people to try and sort out this visa deal. It's been pretty difficult since we're smack dab in the middle of summer and most people aren't checking their email as obsessively as I do. BUT I was finally able to get an email from the school in Garmisch which really put my mind (and my parents) at ease.

So with this new found ease, I was able to finally get my plane ticket!!! I just got it this morning! Now it's preeeetttty official... I'm going to Germany! In 36 days to be exact! I've said this for the past few months, but this past week or so I'm really feelin it.... I just want to get there! Especially since I officially turned my two weeks in to my work a couple days ago (I'm moving from Flagstaff in two weeks and back down to Phoenix for three weeks before I leave). But... back to my flight...I am leaving Phoenix to Munich Aug 22 and coming back Dec 23! Hopefully my mom is going to come out to Garmisch on the 17th (or around there, that's when I'd get out of school. but we've got to work around her finals schedule... how cute is she... she has finals!) and we'll play around Germany and fly back together! We did this with one of my cousins back when I was 15. We went out and met her for the last 10 of her study abroad program and all flew back together. I'm really excited for that part of the trip! Hopefully I'll be a Germany expert so I can show her around!

One of my friends from Praxis is going to be student teaching with DoDDS also but she'll be in Aviano, Italy (its about an hour North of Venice). She's going to be there for 4 months also (I originally thought it'd be two months) so I'm exited for that! Anyways, Kristi and I have been coordinating and we're taking the same flight from Phoenix to London. Yay! So happy to have someone I know at least on the same flight as me, if we don't end up sitting together that's fine... I just want to know someone!

-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment