Thursday, July 1, 2010

Assignment!

So as you all probably know, I've been waiting since practically DECEMBER to get my student teaching placement with DoDDS (department of defense dependents schools). Last Saturday I finally got my placement! I am officially student teaching on the U.S. Army base in Garmisch Germany at Garmisch Elementary/Middle school! This base was made for R&R!



From what I know right now, I'm doing my first nine weeks in a first grade classroom (which is perfect because I want to teach first grade). All I know about my special ed. placement is that I have one, and right now that's all i need to know! Everyone is having trouble getting a special ed. placement even in Phoenix, so I'm thrilled to have one at all! Garmisch couldn't be a more beautiful place to be! The school is located near the base of the Bavarian alps! Here is a picture of the side of the school...


The coordinator of the DoDDS program at NAU told me that this particular school has a thing every Wednesday called Wonderful Wednesday. On these days, we only have a half day of school, then we do some sort of outdoor/outdoor education thing. Sometimes it's hiking and even snowboarding! I have a feeling Wonderful Wednesdays will be my favorite days! Well this is about all I know right now! I am just so excited that I finally know where I'll be for the next four months! This is all I know as of now, but I'll end this thing with a message I found helpful (while I've been waiting the past few months) I saw every day on my bathroom wall (compliments of Brianna) that said: Lord when I am anxious fill me with your spirit of peace and love.. So blessed to have a roommate who didn't even know she was helping me everyday with that!

-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment